Terms and Conditions
By placing an order, you agree that you have read through and understand the Maggio Multicultural Academy academic & financial policies and regulations outlined below. By submitting this order, you represent and warrant that you (i) are authorized to sign for and bind the contracting party and (ii) agree to abide by and comply with these regulations as they apply to yourself and every student you are enrolling.
Further, you understand that all references in this document to “parent” or “family” apply to the individual(s) responsible for overseeing and/or financing the education of the student(s) they enroll.
Summary of the academic policies include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Parents are expected to carefully read Maggio Multicultural Academy’s Student/Parent Handbook, provided shortly after enrollment, to become familiar with Academy policies and procedures.
- Maggio Multicultural Academy sometimes uses the services of educational providers to assist with course development, grade student work, or conduct on-demand tutoring services. These outside consulting firms are required to preserve the confidentiality of all information they receive from Maggio Multicultural Academy concerning the student(s) you enroll, including their identities and their academic performance. By enrolling any student(s) with Maggio Multicultural Academy, you are agreeing that we may share information concerning your student(s) and their academic work with these outside consulting firms.
- Tests and other required materials for record keeping services must be completed and returned according to school deadlines. This remains true regardless of which payment plan is selected.
- Parents are familiar with, or will become familiar with, their state’s homeschooling laws and fulfill all requirements necessary to ensure compliance with the individual state’s regulations. Maggio Multicultural Academy is not responsible for completing or submitting any state documents for the student.
- All high school students must complete and pay for at least one full academic year (5 credit min.) to be eligible for graduation through Bridgeway Academy.
- All final graduation requirements will be determined on an individual student basis and can only be determined after receipt of all official transcripts.
- Families are responsible for purchasing all credits required for graduation.
- Bridgeway Academy does not tolerate cheating. Parents will be expected to monitor student work diligently and prohibit any form of cheating or plagiarism.
- To measure the student’s individual progress, all students in Grades 1-10 are required to take the online diagnostic assessments to assist with placement and support of student performance at the beginning, middle and end of each school year. For more detailed information about this testing, visit the Maggio Multicultural Academy Learning Center under Help Center and search for “Parent’s Guide to Diagnostic Assessments.”
- All students grade 6-12 will be required to complete a Student Orientation, regardless of package type, before curriculum will be ordered.
- Maggio Multicultural Academy reserves the right to deny a formal Letter of Recommendation for any student enrolled for less than one academic school year and/or if a student has displayed academic dishonesty.
GENERAL FINANCIAL POLICIES
(See also Independent Study and Live Online Sections)
Summary of the financial policies include, but are not limited to the following:
- Registration and shipping and handling fees are non-refundable.
- Students enrolled in monthly payment plans need to authorize automatic payments from an approved credit/debit card or a checking account.
- The family agrees to pay for the full price of their student(s)’ tuition package/record keeping fees if they do not withdraw their student(s) within the specified guarantee period for their program. The family understands that this remains true, no matter which payment plan was selected for their order.
- Materials that are consumables (such as a workbooks) and/or not in original condition are non-refundable and should not be returned. Any returned materials that are used/damaged will not be returned to the customer.
- Tuition/record keeping fees will not be refunded after 30 days of online course start date.
- A late fee of $20.00 will be charged when and if a scheduled tuition payment is late. If the late payment is not submitted within 30 days, the student enrollment will be put on hold.
- Any student with an account that is 90 days past due will be withdrawn.
- To reactivate an account put on hold, all past due tuition payments must be submitted. Failure to do so will result in cancellation of the enrollment.
- If cancelled students wish to re-enroll later, they will need to enroll as a new student and pay full registration and tuition fees. NOTE: No previous payments will be credited to the new registration or tuition fees.
- If using Maggio Multicultural Academy materials, families have 30 days from shipment to exchange a course (one time, per subject, per year) and will only be charged for any consumables (such as a workbooks) and/or non-restockable items. Any returned materials that are used/damaged will not be re-returned to the customer. The family is responsible for all shipping costs when exchanging courses.
- If not satisfied with the second selection, or if seeking an exchange after the first 30 days, a $75 per course re-stocking fee is applicable. The family is responsible for all shipping costs when exchanging courses.
- After 30 days of online course assignment, if a family requests a course exchange that renders a license unusable or moves from an online course to a textbook course, a $150.00 fee will be charged to facilitate the change. This fee will not be charged if the course exchange occurs within 30 days of curriculum shipment.
- For the Elite program, if a family requests a course exchange after the 30-day period, the license fee of $260 must be paid.
- Student academic records will not be released until all Academy on-loan materials have been returned (if applicable) and the student’s account is paid in full.
- Refund policy for change in packages: A refund of fees due to a change in the tuition package is possible only if the change in package is done within the 30-day enrollment period. After the 30 day period no refund will be processed. If the student moves to a higher tuition package the difference in package fees will be added to their account.
- If a student is academically or financially withdrawn and later wishes to return their schoolwork for processing, they must pay a $200 re-instatement fee. After paying the re-instatement, all fees for the full school year must be paid before grades or report card/transcripts are provided.
- A tuition package runs for 10 months (300 days).
- A half year tuition package runs for 5 months (150 days)
- A subscription package runs monthly from the time of enrollment until graduation.
- A subscription package requires the student to pay a certain percentage of their 1st year salary of employment or a lump sum for their credential at the end of the program.
- Student account must be paid in full prior to the release of grades or transcripts.
LIVE ONLINE COURSES (LOC)
- When offered all Live Online Courses will be open to all students. Live online courses can be offered to students on a course by course basis if they are not enrolled in Maggio Multicultural Academy.
- Any inappropriate conduct during online courses will meet with the disciplinary committee and student may face expulsion.
Any student enrolled in any Live Online Classes will need a computer headset with microphone, a high-speed internet connection and a webcam to participate in the course. It is the responsibility of the family to provide these items for their student. If the student does not have access to the tools necessary for online courses, the student will need to apply for an equipment scholarship or financial package.
The family agrees to abide by all policies outlined in the Live Online Class Handbook and Maggio Multicultural Academy Student/Parent Handbook including those related to registration, course fees, course cancellation, and grade reporting.
By attending Live Online Classes, I understand that recordings of classes may be used for training, educational and promotional purposes and I am granting permission for videos or screenshots that may contain my child to be used for these stated purposes only.
INDEPENDENT STUDY (Self-Paced Courses)
- Independent Study courses can only be dropped for a refund within 30 days of the course start date. Registration and shipping fees are non-refundable.
- Independent Study courses are allotted 150 days per semester. A $50 extension fee is available to extend the course for an additional 30 days with a total maximum of 2 extensions available for any course.
MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
Our 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee (excluding items mentioned below) is available on Maggio Multicultural Academy tuition fees only. All Packages include a non-refundable $395 Evaluation Fee.
A Maggio Multicultural Academy withdrawal form must be completed and submitted to the finance department according to proper procedure for the refund to be issued.
All students applying for a missionary, military, or pastoral scholarship must complete the proper forms and submit all required verification items before the scholarship applications will be processed. If a student qualifies for a scholarship, the amount will be refunded to the family after enrollment. The scholarship committee reserves the right to approve or disapprove of scholarships and the amount of scholarships as per the guidelines established by the board. The decision of the committee is considered final and not subject to appeal.
Scholarships are available on 1st-12th grade tuition packages only. The scholarship amount may be prorated for half-year students.
COMPUTER & EMAIL ACCESS
In this ever-growing age of technology, Maggio Multicultural Academy relies heavily upon the mode of email for communicating important information with the family. This includes day-to-day help, alerts to upcoming deadlines, critical notices, re-enrollment information, and more. For that reason, Maggio Multicultural Academy expects the family to provide a valid email address upon enrollment and to update the Academy of any changes to that information. The Academy also expects that the family will have regular access to a computer and their email account.
If the family does not have a valid email address and/or regular access to a computer to check their email, they must alert Maggio Multicultural Academy staff immediately. The Academy recommends, at the very least, that the family create a free email account and seek to check their correspondence from a library internet connection on a regular basis. The family understands that the enrollment process and a considerable amount of customer contact throughout the school year will be delayed and/or non-receivable.
The family agrees they will not hold Maggio Multicultural Academy at fault for any circumstances that result due to poor email communication resulting from lack of a customer email address, invalid email address on file, and/or lack of regular customer access of their email account.
Most of our resources are available to be downloaded from our online portal. It is the responsibility of the family to have access to at least one computer and reliable internet to access these resources throughout the school year.
NO PROGRESS POLICY
Students are required to make adequate weekly progress. Students should work according to the academic calendar and pacing guides and work a minimum of three (3) hours per week per course. This is the minimum requirement – students should expect to spend five (5) hours per week per course. If students fall below this pace for more than 8 consecutive weeks, students will face an academic hold followed by academic withdrawal. Tuition is non-refundable for students that are academically withdrawn. Communication with your advisor is essential if circumstances occur that prevent your student from completing the weekly minimum number of hours in the online program.
Maggio Multicultural Academy Customers
Third-party products have their own terms and conditions. If you withdraw from Maggio Multicultural Academy your third-party subscriptions will no longer be active as well.